Thursday 26 February 2009

#95 Violin Tuning Peg


Musical instrument cases are a fascinating source of small objects and Debbies Violin case is no exception. This spare tuning peg is one of a few things I may paint in the near future. I think there is a good 'black objects' thread going through the project. Colour fans amongst you will be interested to learn the only colours used in the execution of this painting are burnt umber, ultramarine blue, titanium and zinc white and the tiniest bit of schevenings blue. Oil on gesso 16cm x 12cm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan - Ben here

You'll regret ever telling me about this Blog. I'll be sharing my ideas over the coming months....

How about a nice transluscent lpastic USB memory stick, like a boiled sweet, but packed with more computing power than it takes to land a man on the moon.

And you haven't done 'fluff' yet.

Dan Young said...

Transluscence does scare me a little, you really do know how to hit a guy in his insecurities!

No fluff, but I have done powder! although we recently bought a nice fluffy rug which gives birth to small balls of fluff on a regular basis, I have pondered painting these, watch this space.

Blu said...

brilliant painting

Dan Young said...

Thanks Blu!