Saturday 13 March 2010

#110 Post-it Notes


I thought I would continue the office theme, and paint this reminder for myself to paint! I also have an interesting fact about post-it note glue; The weak yet sticky enough glue was invented by accident by the people trying make superglue, I can imagine a sad group of scientists testing their new recipe for superglue and realising the only thing it would stick was thin yellow squares of paper. Then feeling like abject failures they stack up all the paper they had been sticking to stuff and realising they had made the post-it note. They then ran around their science lab shouting eureka! Thats how I think it happened anyway...watercolour and pencil 19cm x 14cm
You can win this painting by joining my Facebook page here, or through the facebook page box on the right of your screen.Bby joining the page you will be entering a draw which will take place on April 11th which is also day #500 of this whole daily painting adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely!

Dan Young said...

Thanks Micheal!