Thursday 1 April 2010

#129 My Wallet


Its Maundy Thursday and I feel like a themed painting! Today is the day of the last supper and has many customs throughout the world, here in the UK the reigning Monarch gives 'maundy money' in red or white purse to deserving senior citizens, one man and one woman for each year of the soveriegns life (watch out Ma'am this could add up and be quite expensive and time consuming!). Regular followers may have noticed that I am not the Queen and the keen observers amongst you will also notice my purse (or wallet as I prefer to call it) isn't red or white. But never let the facts get in the way of a good painting! I painted the same wallet last year on day #333 but this time its open! I didn't make a note of how much was in it last time I painted which is a shame, this time there is seven pounds and fifty pence inside it and coincedently thats the starting price for the auction. Which I have just realised is half normal price! Watercolour and pencil 29cm x19cm click here to bid.

No comments: