Tuesday 1 March 2011

#098 Shoe

I'm not a shoe obsessive, like some people!, but I can see how it happens. This is a detail of my favourite 'grown up' shoes. I mostly wear trainers due to my job but I suppose there is no need to not dress up just because your an art technician. After all Leonardo da Vinci said he had to wear his dirtiest clothes to sculpt in but he could don his 'finest cloth' whilst painting. I would have ruined some fine cloth if I had followed that example so, maybe I should stick with jeans and trainers and keep these for interviews and private views...

2 comments:

Andy Smith said...

I think you should subtitle this painting-'Path left by man pushing bicycle across ploughed field near cliff edge'

Dan Young said...

you just have! feel free to use the painting and illustrate exactly that moment!