Tuesday 25 February 2014

094 Thumbnails - pencil

Just a few compositional ideas, nothing concrete yet. What I can tell you is that I am working on my piece for 'The Open West 2014' which will be shown at The Wilson during May (Cheltenham's art gallery and museum) I am very excited and exactly the right amount of daunted!

For the show I am making a new painting using the Wilson's permanent collection as subject matter for a composite still life. If you followed my project last year you will remember the painting that I added an element to each day. I envisage this new painting to be a development of that. I intend to use this daily blog to document some of the background workings of the project. You won't see the finished painting here but you will see drawings, painted sketches and other ideas that may or may not get used in the finished piece. Which you will be able to see at The Wilson in a couple of months. 

Watch this space.


No comments: