Monday 3 August 2009

#253 Beetroot Tail


I feel I should explain the obsession with fruit and veg that I have been expressing over the last few months. This is our first full year of being allotmenteers (the location is secret to keep away trophy hunters) so each crop is greeted with much glee and is usually the most exciting and pertinent object of that day to paint.
Keeping this blog and writing/painting about my day has thrown up some pictures that I would probably not have made if I hadn't set myself this challenge. Like this beetroot root, a fantastic shaped thing with an amazing colour.You would normally pick it up, say 'wow, that is a cool looking bit of beetroot root', then throw it in the compost. Or, you may do none of these things but, I have this fantastic outlet for those moments. Oil on gesso 16cm x 12cm.

1 comment:

Tim said...

OMG WAR OF THE WORLDS