Wednesday 24 November 2010

#001 Empty Platform



Welcome to year three! I have followed through on my promise of painting absolutely nothing. I have actually painted the little platform that I have placed (nearly) all of the last 730 objects on to paint. I am throwing the 'Dan Young, Daily' Rule book out of the studio window. Objects will no longer be the star of the paintings, the background will become the subject with the occaisional 'thing' peeking in from the side of the painting. I hope you will enjoy watching this project grow with me as I banish my fear of backgrounds ('m not really frightened I have just been hiding from them for two years!). Oil on gesso 23cm x 17cm.

ps I have been busy uploading the last batch of watercolour paintings  to ebay click here to bid.

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Il faut accepter d'avancer... et votre chemin se tracera tout seul et nous en serons les heureux spectateurs... Bises