Tuesday 1 December 2009

#8 Chocolate Santa

This is a shameless piece of self publicity for my other project so, please visit my 'sister' blog 'The Painted Advent' to see the first in my advent series. I have chosen to do a double post and paint the same thing in both styles, this little fellow is watercolour and pencil 14cm x 9cm and you can click here to bid. The oil painting is 16cm x 12cm and you can 'buy it now' by clicking here, with £10 going towards CCP's Hamper Scamper Campaign.
Given how many people (children mostly but you know who you are) have opened the first door on their advent calender and had the first bit of christmas chocolate I thought it would be good to open with some of that chocolate. In this instance shaped into a skittle shaped Santa. I would have painted the little train I got in my advent calender but the problem with chocolate is when you paint it its very hard to get away from the fact that is a little unappetising, brown blob.

No comments: