Thursday 4 June 2009

#193 Fish Food and Sandpaper


Continuing the theme of painting things that people have given me here is a pile of fish food and a little piece of fine sandpaper. Two objects that have links to other daily paintings and were both given to me by the same person, Dave Jones, who I did a joint post with on day #85. So, the sandpaper was used on the carving which the woodchippings were from in day #85's painting. The fish flakes, also kindly gifted by Dave, was one of the objects I was deciding on when Steve Knibbs from the BBC came to film me painting day #68. I veiw these objects as relics from the projects history and I really like the way it has brought two seemingly unconnected items together in what could be the oddest painting so far!
Oil on gesso 16cm x 12cm.

1 comment:

Woodwosecarving said...

Odd but very cool. I like odd especially as its not just wierd odd but there is a definate link between the two.

Looks fab by the way